Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Return.

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you, yourself, have altered." ~Nelson Mandela

After taking a year off from blogging here, I'm ready to get back at it. Staying at home with two (sometimes three) little ones was really a huge job. In my mind, it would be a breeze, but I was sadly, devastatingly mistaken.

Now that I'm back in the workforce, I'm finding my schedule allows for more time for me. Sounds crazy, you would think that I would have less time, but really, after being a working mom, and being a stay at home mom, I find that when I am working, I am more organized, and make more time for myself. I was a good stay at home mom, but my workday neverevereverevereverever ended, and that was draining. Now, I go from one very difficult job, to being a mom, and I look forward to it! :) I am so very thankful, though, that I was able to spend time with my children. Everything happens for a reason, and my two years at home brought me closer to my children, husband, and God. And for that, I am thankful.

So, on to more blogging now. With excitement. And new ideas. With sprinkles of life. Because there is a lot to be excited about.
At one time, I had quite an audience of readers. That probably has subsided with the year that I took off, but if you are a long time reader, and you've left me in your update for the year that I took off, I would love to hear from you!

Jessica

4 comments:

Sheena/H2Mommy said...

I am glad to see you are back and can not wait to hear about your transition for SAHM to working mom.

I completely understand what you mean by "never getting off work" being a SAHM and there are definitely moments where I wish I had a job where I could get bathroom and lunch breaks. I am almost certain I could relish in my children more if I had less time with them. It seems silly but it makes sense because, as they say, "absence makes the heart grow fonder."

hsing3kinder said...

Hi Jessica & welcome back to the blogging world! I have taken time off to and found that I missed recording of our days so much, that I was glad to return.
As a sahm & homeschooling mom I soooo do get what you are saying about never getting off work. Thankfully I have figured out a balance that works for me, but it tok a l-o-n-g time... plus having a teen is so very helpful.
I'm not sure if you know that I am now blogging at a differnt spot ~
www.fromthestacks.wordpress.com
stop by if you get a chance!
~Kris

Maria said...

I'm here and excited to read your future blog posts!

christinemm said...

Welcome back. Take pity on me then as I've been a SAH mom x13+ years plus I homeschool my two kids.

It seems the to do list is neverending neverending neverending.